Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Monday, November 5, 2007

CARD MAKING FOR THE HOLIDAYS

I plan on making 40 Christmas cards this year. Also, would like to make about 10 to send to an American Soldier so that he/she will have Christmas greeting to mail back home to his/her family and friends.


Here are some power packs and card sketches that I made. I used two of my card magazines that I purchased for inspiration for my sketches. Some of the cards that I used to make the sketches were not Christmas theme. I look beyond the theme to the actual elements of the cards. I was pretty pleased with the outcome of my sketches.


The BLUE NOEL CARD - Used 2 pieces of pattern (snowflakes) paper, the word NOEL - was stamped on circles that I punched out using the Circle Punch from Creative Memories, then I inked the edges of the circles with a blue ink spot from Stampin Up. The Snowflake stamped image is one of the $1.00 stamps from Michael’s. Also matted the darker blue snowflake pattern paper with navy blue cardstock. The envelope for this card was stamped with the snowflake image.

The RED GIFT CARD - Used solid red for the background, punched out the green border using the wrought iron punch from Stampin Up. 3 green brads, the gift were made with 2 different pattern papers, 2 ribbon bows, The stamp image of Merry Christmas was a part of a larger stamp (bought a set of Christmas stamps last year at Michael’s) inked the edges . Inked the edges of the gifts with the ink spots from Stampin Up.

The POINSETTIA CARD - Use a pattern paper for the background, inked the edges of the background with a dk green ink spot. Cut 3 pieces of ribbon, two pieces should be the same. The poinsettia flower came from the Dollar Tree. Bought a bunch and then separated the flowers from the stems so that I could use them in my card making. Use a yellow brad for the center of the flower. Stamped the image of "Happy Holidays" on a lighter green pattern paper and inked the edges with an a green ink spot from Stampin Up. Matted with red card stock. Glued the 3 strips of the ribbon to the background, and use a glue dot to attach the poinsettia flower on top of the ribbon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is surprising how quickly Christmas comes round so I guess I really should start my Christmas cards too. Yours are gorgeous...I particularly like the middle one, my preference based on the fact that red is my all time favourite colour...fabulous!!

"Starburst" said...

You are always on top of your game. Your work is beautiful as always. Keep up the good work. I love to read you blog, it gives me great inspiration!!!