Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scrappin Packin Mommas January Meeting

Night out for the Scrappin Packin Mommas occurred on Wednesday, January 9, we had 14 in attendance, and 4 were guest. Creative juices were flowing that night, lots of beautiful cards were made. The picture on the left was just some of the stamps for use that night, also there was stamps in the container under the table.

Our guest were: Diane Haydel (owner of Scrapbook Cottage & Stampin Up Consultant), Garnet Rojas (MeMe Cat from the Scrapping Cats), Barbara Lajaunie and Linda Fazenda (scrappers from the Scrapbook Cottage). This was something new to SPM opening a monthly meeting, but it’s a new year and new things will happen. Even heard some talk about the spring weekend crop.


I mentioned later in the evening that I wished I would have brought my camera to document our meeting. Well Delaina had her camera so at the very end of the meeting I was able to capture a few pictures to post here on the blog.



GoGo Momma (Jackie) made this card using the Cricut - she used the machine to make the cute flower vase/flowers on her card. Several of the other ladies really like the card so of course they just had to make one.

With Mardi Gras right around the corner, we had a king cake.




Several of the ladies were working as a group and made some beautiful cards. To the left is Highway Momma (Delania) & Karakoe Momma (Laura) made this beautiful heart card. Which would make a cute card to give to that special valentine in your life.




To the right is Yo! Momma (Lizzy), still hanging in their after 11:15 p.m. We did close shop about 11:30 p.m. that night, it was a school night and a work night for some in the group. Diane showed Lizzy how to layer her flower. One flower, one round circle of cardstock, another flower, and then a smaller circle for the center of the flower. It lifts the flower by using the circle cardstock in the middle. I thought this was a neat tip.




Lizzy (Yo! Momma and Barbara busy creating cards.

3 comments:

Peppermint "Patty" said...

Okay... I'm glad that you gals are having fun making cards and planning card making sessions but don't forget about me and Kaci...lol We were part of the
"1st" and "beginning" of this new party thing....lol Seriously, everyone did a great job with making cards and they are all unique. It is contagious isn't it???? Keep of the great job "Scrappin Packin Momma's" & "Friends!"

mineyskiney said...

Nice write up on the "Momma's Night Out". I think I could have gone for several more hours. When I finally get the ball rolling, it's like I don't want to stop. I had such a good time, but it took a little while for me to get the creative juices flowing and by the time, we were picking up to go home. I guess there are never enough of hours in a scrapbooking day. That is too funny because we almost went for 12 hours straight at my house and I still felt like I needed more time. Good job on your blog Patty! I enjoy reading it. I checked it all weekend just waiting for your next post and there it was this morning.

Sugah said...

Patty I enjoyed reading all about The Momma's last meeting. The pictures are great.I fell like I've been there with ya'll even though I'm so far away. I well have to say I miss all the laughter and conversation.I'm so glad that you take the time to have your blog. It makes me fell connected.THANKS ~Sugah~