Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Zentangles

Over the past few months I have become interested in Zentangle.  I did not think I could do these beautiful designs.  But with the internet and a little bit of searching I started teaching myself some of the patterns that is used in this art. 

To my surprise I have done a few pieces and I must say I am pretty satisfied with them. 
I stumbled across the blog called “The Bright Owl” where there are Zentangle Challenges. They give you a basics shape and then you creative a miniature masterpiece.  http://thebrightowl.blogspot.com/

Well I have enjoyed doing these 3 x 5 tiles (which is a piece of paper). For some reason I have been doing them in pencil verses ink.  I would like to sometimes in the future creative some type of border along a door in my house using these tiles.  I am going to see if I can mod podge them to a 3 x 5 square piece of wood. I am hoping the pencil does not smear when sealing it in with mod podge, then I will seal it with a spray clear varnish.  
Here is the template they gave us to work with. 

No comments: