Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The sisterhood of the traveling butterfly

The sisterhood of the traveling butterfly a couple of months ago was being passed to everyone through email.  I thought it was a very pretty poem and wanted to share it with others.  I did not want to email it, I wanted to make something that would last a while. 

This is the first of many that I will make over the course of this year.  The first went to my sister, Lizzy.  We shared a room throughout our childhood.  We have supported each other through the years when things were good and when things were bad.
My sister, Lizzy is more than a sister to me, she is also a very good friend.

I used a butter top for my template for my circle. Each of my butterflies were colored with Copic Sketch markers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patty:

Aw, thank you for sharing the sweetness that you have in your heart. You are so Corinne when it comes to your crafts. I LOVE IT. You are right - we have been there through good times and bad and I truly think that death will only part us for a while and then we will meet again - probably at a scrapbook table in heaven with mom. Always know that you are so special to me and you are also more than a sister to me. We have shared so much since the time that we shared that room together. Our tears, our joy, our children, our hubbies, our job, our friends, our siblings, and much more. I loved the Sisterhood of the Traveling Butterfly. I have hung it on my fridge because I wanted it to be somewhere where I can reflect on it every day. I love fluffing up the butterfly wings when I pass it. It is my little sanctuary of butterflies and it reminds me of our relationship. I am still posting and the music is still playing and this is really a special place to be right now. It is so relaxing and I don't want to close it out, but life goes on. I will visit again soon.
Thank you my siter and my friend.
Love, Liz