Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Scrapfest in Mandeville, Louisiana - Feb 2010


My sister, Cathy invited me to attend Scrapfest with her and her friends from Mississippi. We decided that we needed a name so we called ourselves the "Gumbo Girls".  I made a gumbo pot out of poster board and between Cathy and I we filled it up with small scrapbook items  We also had a slipper contest.  I made a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbon for the contest.  We were going to judge it between the 7 of us, but other ladies from the event wanted to do the judging. Cathy won 1st, Kristal won 2nd and Vivan won 3rd. I also made some Easter Paper piecing kits and some of the ladies in the group made the paper piecing.

 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a fun time. The creativity is so awesome and I can't help but see mom at work here. She has taught all eight of her little girls' hands to take what is in their hearts and lay it out in some kind of craft form. What a gift she has given to us. Oh if only she were here to share it with us. I know that she is laughing when we say "If only mom would have known about scrapbooking". Are we kidding ourselves - she is probably running some kind of scrapbooking convention up there in heaven.
Love, Liz