Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Cathy's Country Crop - March 21, 2009


This past weekend a group of ladies gathered at my sister, Cathy’s house is Sumrall, MS for a day of scrapbooking. Peggy, Laura and myself left New Orleans after work on Friday to head to Mississippi, the drive took about 2 hours. I don’t think Peggy will ever drive with me again. I am a little heavy on the pedal, and was not up to par on braking. So sorry Peggy if I scared you.

We ended up just talking on Friday night. Although as soon as we got to her house around 8:15 that night. We all piled back into the car to go into the little town of Sumrall to the Catfish house for supper. The food was very delicious, I loved the hush puppies (I am not a big fan of hush puppies), and the fried Oreos cookies.

Peggy, Laura, Cathy and myself started out early on Saturday. The rest of the gang did not show up until about 4:30 p.m due to Sara and Madison having their first rehearsal for the play that they are in. They drove up in Patty Suer Provance’s SUV (Lizzy L, Patricia L, Sara and Madison). Later that evening one of Cathy's local friends showed up to do a bit of scrapping with us cajun girls. Loved your company, Misty.
Everyone had a fantastic weekend. Saturday night my brother-in-law treated all the ladies to boiled crawfish and boiled crabs. Then it was time for entertainment they pulled out the karoake machine and everyone had some good ole fun. My sister, Lizzy even wrote a song for my brother-in-law, Greg called Old MacDore’, it was about a lot of scrappers visiting his farm.

Cathy had each of take a picture in next to their tractor, and we were presented a Redneck Driver’s License and a photo card with our picture for a keepsake of the event. Thanks Cathy, you and Greg did a good job as hostess. Can’t wait for another Cathy’s Country Crop.

1 comment:

LFAZENDE said...

sounds like the scrappin packin mommas convention has a little competition now.