Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Scrapfest, Card Swap, and just some good buys

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted for a while. Well since I last posted I have been to a Stampin Up Party at my friend Tammy's house. I did two cute project which was geared toward Easter. A cute little container made with a can and a very cute Easter card using a wheel stamp and a few other stamps from the stampin up collection. My friend, Lisa also shared some of her silk flowers with me. Thanks Lisa.


My sister, Cathy lives near Hattiesburg, Mississippi and the scrapbook store there sells the $1.00 Series G Stamps (Clear) and she picked up 9 packs for me. Recently we both went to a scrapbook event in Mandville, Louisiana and I notice that she had store her clear stamp in the clear CD cases what a great idea. I plan on heading to Office Depot in the next for days to purchase some clear CD cases for my clear stamps.

Scrapfest Louisiana was this past weekend. It was a 3 day event, but I only attended on Saturday, what a really great time I had. Of course, I sat with some really cool ladies. My sister, Cathy, my friends, Peggy Morgan, Garnet Rojas, Linda Fazenada and two of Linda's friends, Pam and Donna. Of course, there were so many others that I have met through other scrapbook events that was there.


Well I had to make 5 cards for my online group, The Crop Room, Well I decided that I was going to make this really pretty flower that I spot on someone blog. Well I did not have oval punches, but did have an oval stencil, so I traced out 50 large and 50 small ovals and went to town cutting them out, folding each oval in half and then inking all. I was very please with my finished card.


Well at Scrapfest I stumble across a booth that was selling tubes of glitter for 25 cent each and decided that I just had to have some for my cardmaking. I also took a make n take class that showed us how to use flock. I plan on making a beagle paper piecing dog using the flock as a birthday present for my niece, Sara. Just have to find a good clipart to use.


The picture to the left is my sister, Cathy, Patty Suer Provance, Linda LeBlanc Fazenda, and myself. We all grew up in the same neighborhood, and now we all share the same hobby ... scrapbooking and cardmaking.



The picture to the right is my friend, Peggy Morgan, look closely and you will see the layout of her granddaughter that she completed.



You know me away looking for ways to use my tools in mutilple ways, well here is a way to make a zig zag border using your creative memories square punches.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty:

Love the post - lots of information and the pictures are great. I really like that card you made. Colors are great. Good job. Just a little note to let you know that the Webkinz do have a beagle on their site if you are interested. Just FYI!!!

Love, Liz

-Cathy said...

Patty:

I loved the finishing touches you put on your cards that you were working on at Scrapfest - - they really came out nice. I had fun scrapping with you too at Scrapfest.

-Cathy

Anonymous said...

Tabitha and I had a great time and love the cards.. Hey I thought you didn't like glitter ??? What's up with that LOL .. Can't wait to crop with you chicks again..
hugs
Garnet
"MeMe Cat"

Alhambra Club said...

Look at all those great stamps, I also store my clear stamps in CD case, I use a piece of black paper between in the middle, it makes is easier to see them. I love your Easter projects they are great, looks like you had a lot of fun and the scrapfest.

Peppermint "Patty" said...

It was good to see all of you again. You were a busy girl unlike me...lol YOur cards came out beautiful. I loved the page Cathy did of Dalton with him being the rebel baby... That was hysterical. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

LFAZENDE said...

hey patty. i had a blast with you all. i even like the pic of us girls but peggy should have been in it too. she grew up in the hood with us even though we didn't know it. it's funny how after all thesec years we reconected through scrapbooking and now card making. i thank you and liz for bringing us together. i had no idea patty provance was into also. and i really enjoyed getting to spent time with cathy again. it's been so long. iloved her page too with her biker babe. thanks aain. hope to scrap with yall soon. linda

My Paper World said...

Great photos Patty!
Love the tip on how to create a zig zag border!
Nicola xx