Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rabbit shaped cards for the troops


Well I am off to my newest challenge which is making Easter Cards for the the two troops that I have adopted. BJ's army troop, and TJ's marine troop. I wanted to make rabbit shaped cards so I went to the internet and did a search on Google. Well I found a card similar to the one I made, but could not found a pattern, so I decided to make one for myself. First I started with a sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 white cardstock, cut into 2 equal parts, which left me with 2 card bases (4-1/4 x 5-1/2) then I took one of my oval stencils and draw the outline of the face and then I used my index finger and traced around it twice to make the ears. Then I cut the base out with my deckle scisssors. Punch out small circles for my blue eyes, free handed the pink for the ears, and nose. then with a shade of a blue gray marker I drew the mouth and teeth , and took a .01 zig marker for the whiskers, a little chalk to yellow the teeth and pink chalk for the cheeks.

1 comment:

-Cathy said...

these are precious.