Total Pageviews

From December 2008 through December 2011- our group of ladies have sent 6,117 cards to the troops.

IF YOU WANT TO VIEW A PICTURE JUST CLICK ON IT AND IT WILL ENLARGE.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baskets & Go Go Momma's Crop

This weekend I went to Go Go Momma's (Jackie) crop. Which I had a wonderful time. I was able to complete 10 Symphathy cards and 24 christmas cards. I taught a paper piecing (turkey)class. I also made a clipboard which is a countdown to Christmas. The bakets here in the picture was a door prize and the other was a birthday gift for a friend (Lisa). Michele (Angel Momma) won the door prize.


The event was from Thursday 2:00 p.m. through Saturday 2:00 a.m. On Thursday was 3 ladies and on Friday we had 5 ladies, then on Saturday 8 ladies were in attendees. Jackie was a great host. We had Gumbo and Potato salad from one of the local restaurants in the neighboring town of Lafitte. Our event was in Crown Point, Louisiana. We also had hot dogs & Chili, Papa John's pizza, and from our hostess' kitchen we had Red Beans and Rice. On Thursday night we were treated to a fry turkey. Jenny's husband was testing a new piece of equipment he inquried to cook a fried turkey without oil. The turkey was so good and juicey.


Over the next few days I will be posting the sympathy, christmas cards and other projects that was completed. Thanks Jackie for hosting such a great event.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patty,
Thanks you very much for the beautiful birthday present. I love everyone of the paper pieces.It was
a big surprise. I really appreciate you thinking of me.Also
thanks for the door prize. That was a big surprise also. I haven't won anything in a long time .I guess it was my day. I should have bought a lotto ticket. Thanks again,I had a great weekend scrapping with you'll. And I also got something done besides talking.
Hugs Lisa